UC Santa Barbara TAG
This is part of the UC TAG series. For a general overview of rules, be sure to read the post, 16 Things You Need to Know to TAG to a UC.
This post includes specifics to the UC Santa Barbara TAG that is in addition to the general rules. It is not definitive in terms of specific majors, so be sure to click the link that goes directly to the UC page at the bottom of this post.
UCSB TAG criteria
- No more than 18 units may be taken in final spring to reach the 60-unit semester requirement.
- Applicant must complete four courses selected from among at least two of the following three areas with C grades or better in each course by the end of spring for fall admission:
- Arts and Humanities (designated UC-H on the UC-Transferable Course Agreement)
- Behavioral and Social Sciences (UC-B on the UC-Transferable Course Agreement)
- Biological and Physical Sciences (UC-S on the UC-Transferable Course Agreement)
- Meet the following GPA requirements:
- Earn an overall minimum 3.20 GPA in all UC-transferable coursework by the end of fall AND maintain a minimum overall 3.20 GPA through the end of final spring.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA (C-grade) in all UC-transferable coursework in the fall term AND earn a minimum 2.0 GPA in all UC-transferable coursework in the final spring term
- For majors in Biological Sciences and Economics, complete required major preparation courses with a minimum GPA as noted on assist.org.
UCSB majors that do not accept TAG
- Any major in the College of Creative Studies
- Any major in the College of Engineering
- Dance , Music, Theater in the College of Letters & Science
Some majors require applicants to complete remaining major preparation courses with a minimum GPA after transfer in order to advance to full major status. For majors with these pre-major requirements, TAG applies to admission to the pre-major only. Meeting TAG requirements does not guarantee that a student will fulfill the pre-major requirements after transfer.
Major Prep Coursework Completion
Some majors require completion of specific major preparation coursework as part of the TAG. Refer to the agreements by major between UCSB and your community college online at assist.org.