Applying to a UC and Fulfilling Transfer Requirements
At CA College Transfer, we’re here to help the community college transfer student jump through the hurdles and make the best possible choices to assure admittance to a UC.
The UCs have a boatload of requirements that need precise follow-through:
- First, you need to figure out the general ed path.
- Then there’s completion of major requirements for each campus you’re applying to.
- Then there’s the minimum number of units needed to apply, that can deplete if course sequences are out of order, or courses duplicated, or AP credit not awarded properly.
- Then, if you want guaranteed admission or priority consideration, there’s the TAG or TAP programs.
- And what about honor societies, activities, jobs, personal statements, or life obstacles?
- Some majors are more selective than others – meaning they’re competitive – and you really need to bring your best game. Other majors are more forgiving. Knowing which choice is right for you can do a lot in helping you get admitted.