Skip to content
UC SIR Statement Of Intent To Regsiter

Duplicate SIR, Poor Grades, and Other UC Transfer Issues

As we sweep up the final bits and scraps of a successful admission to the UC of your choice, please look over these situations to see if any apply to you.

Electronic transcript submission

All the UC campuses accept electronic submission of official transcripts except Davis (too many cows, it seems, muck up the works). Click here for a list of electronic transcript vendors.

AP/IB scores and IGETC

Deadline for both of these to arrive at the UC is July 15.

Exam scores must be submitted via the issuing entity (such as College Board). IGETC is a separate form and you must request it at your CCC.  Depending on your CCC, IGETC results are either noted on the transcript or mailed out in a different form. IGETC is not automatically included in transcript submission. You must request it in person or on your CCC’s website.


The UCs are still determining capacity in connection to admitting additional students for the coming fall term. A few campuses may continue to hold waitlists until early summer. Read waitlist FAQs.

Statements of Intent to Register (SIR)

Duplicate SIR
If you submitted a SIR to more than one UC campus, you must cancel the SIR at the campus you no longer plan to attend. The SIR deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.

The UCs do not want you to double or triple SIR because you can’t make up your mind. Get your act together, put on your big girl or big boy pants and make a decision. You could face a possible rescind of your admission if you double SIR (although, truth be told, I haven’t really seen it done). Still, it’s a snotty thing to do, so don’t do it. That said, there are occasions when you might be forced to double up.

When you can duplicate a SIR:

  1. You have violated your provisional contract and the UC you desire to attend is reviewing your case. If the SIR date comes before their decision is made, SIR to that UC and then SIR to another, and alert both UCs that you are awaiting a final determination and will withdraw one SIR within the next week.
  2. You are not yet sure of a possibly problematic final grade, as the spring term ends after the SIR deadline. Double SIR and again, let both UCs know you are awaiting a final grade and will withdraw one of the SIRs within a relatively short period of time.

The reason the UCs don’t want double SIRs (and the reason they raised the SIR deposit from $100 to $250), is because they are trying to let in waitlisted students and get a handle on final enrollment counts. However, waiting a week or so when you have a legitimate issue will not complicate things on their end and is understandable, as one miscalculation could get you out on your butt.  Just be sure to let them know.

No Longer Planning to SIR
If you no longer wish to enroll at a UC in the fall, you should inform the UC as a courtesy so they can fill waitlists.  To cancel a SIR by campus, please follow these instructions.

Reporting poor grades after accepting an offer of admission

If you receive a D or F for a last term course, you must immediately contact the admissions office via your campus portal to learn how it might impact your future enrollment. TIP:  Be sure to include all the grades from that final term so the UC can make a balanced decision based on all the term variables.

This Post Has One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lindy is an independent UC admissions consultant, who works with both transfers and freshmen. She also has just completed her first novel, a supernatural thriller set in San Francisco.

Back To Top