Fall UC campus events
This fall, UC campuses are offering a variety of in-person and virtual events for prospective students, including events for first-year, transfer and out-of-state/international applicants. Be sure to check with the individual campus for more information on the schedule and format of events, as well as registration information. Additional events and programming beyond what is in the following list may be offered.
- Fall Open House, October 14
- Virtual admission information sessions for freshman and transfer students
UC San Diego
UC Santa Barbara
UC Santa Cruz
- Fall Open House, November 4 — information available soon
- Daily campus tours
Fall 2024 Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) application
The Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program guarantees admission to a participating UC campus and major for students who meet TAG criteria. While a student may submit only one TAG, they are not obligated to attend if admitted and may apply to other campuses. Six UC campuses offer an admission guarantee for junior transfer applicants. These include UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC Santa Barbara and UC Santa Cruz.
Students can apply for TAG via the UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP). The TAG filing deadline for fall 2024 is September 30. Note, transfer applicants who submit a TAG application are still required to submit the UC application during the October 1–November 30 filing period.
With six campuses participating in the TAG program, we know counselors want answers to common questions in one place. The 2024–2025 TAG matrix is available. This matrix outlines major TAG criteria across the six campuses in a format that is easy to read and compare.
- Who is eligible and when to file a TAG
- Any excluded majors from a particular campus
- GPA and unit requirements
- Any IGETC requirements
- TAG contact information for each campus
New campus majors/programs for fall 2024
- Computing, Data Science, and Society (CDSS) — new college
- Educational Sciences major
- Public Health major
- Disability Studies major
- Statistics & Data Science (previously Statistics)
- Music Industry (previously Music History & Industry)
- Chemical Engineering major
- Data Science and Computing major
- Data Science and Analytics major
- Environmental Humanities major
- Public Health B.S.
UC San Diego
- Aerospace Engineering major with specialization in:
- Astrodynamics and Space Applications
- Flight Dynamics and Controls
- Astronomy and Astrophysics major
- Mathematical Biology major
UC Santa Cruz
- Creative Technologies major
- Latin American and Latino Studies/Education, Democracy and Justice major
- Math Theory and Computation major
- Microbiology major